Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Top 5 ZOMG Moments in Film

Hullo everybody, how are we all? Good? That's good. Wow! This will be my third update this week! I'm on a roll!

Today's post is my personal top 5 ZOMG moments in film. Just so we all know what I'm talking about, a ZOMG moment is where you suddenly realize what's going to happen milliseconds before it does. Or when you guess a piece of information juuuust before they tell you.

ZOMG moments are personal things. There are some that are widely shared, but most depend on a variety of factors (that I'm not getting into now). These are my favorites:

A warning: these are going to be spoilerific.

5. Saw
The cellmate with the key in his stomach? Yeah, he's alive. ZOMG!
I was squirming through this whole scene.

4. The Usual Suspects
The identity of Kyser Soze. ZOMG!
The first time I saw this I held my breath for the last scene. Then let it out with a drawn out "fuuuuck!".

3.Unbreakable
They call me Mr Glass. ZOMG!
This ending was satisfaction guaranteed :)

2.The Mist
Oops, out of bullets. Maybe the army will give me some. ZOMG!
I read the book. The movie ending was a hundred times better O.o

1. Oldboy
If you've seen Oldboy then you know what part I mean, and if you haven't then I'm not telling. It's too intense. It's not so much a ZOMG moment as a "hey that's a... Wait, is she... OH HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!" moment. You know the one.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree. I call them GASP moments myself. 'Cause that's what I do when it happens. My first thought was Usual Suspects - of course. I completely agree with your other choices - though I haven't seen Old Boy yet I do believe I know enough of it and have seen enough "best horror" clips to recognize the moment. I have never heard of The Mist though. Going to check that out.

    ReplyDelete