Sunday, January 10, 2010

Dumb Dumb Stupid Vista!

OK, so I wrote a nice long post yesterday, had it all ready, and my laptop reset itself. I was writing it on Windows Live Writer and I lost the whole thing. It was an epic post and the world will never see it :(



But there is one part of the missing post that I need to repeat. Kingmob6 of Dear Bastards… has nominated me for the Kreativ Blogger Award. Cos he’s a gentleman and a scholar.
This award has some rules to follow and here they are:

1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.

I hate that I’ve already done this. I can’t even remember what I put, but here’s my 7 things about me:

  1. I make chainmail jewellery and sell it online. If you’d like to tale a look, my store is here.
  2. I make all of my own background/layouts for my blogs/twitter. It’s possible I have too much time on my hands.
  3. The first time I saw Aliens I had nightmares for a week. I refused to watch it again for 4 years. Now it’s one of my favourites!
  4. Over the years there have been bands/artists who have moved in and out of my favour. Only 1 artist has stayed in from the get go. Tori Amos. I can’t not listen to her music.
  5. Kingmob6 mention his inability to dislike Nic Cage. I have the same problem with Robert Downey Jr. It’s not so much of a problem nowadays, but pre-“Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang” (and post-prison) it was. I even liked the Alley McBeal episodes he was in…
  6. My dad is responsible for a lot of my tastes. My love of computers, books, you name it. Growing up, dad would get home in time to watch “Dr Who” with us. It’s no wonder I’m so into sci-fi.
  7. On the 24th of November, 2007, I suffered a brain haemorrhage. I spent 2 months in hospital, 6 months as an outpatient, and another 12 months recovering. Neat, huh?
OK, that’s done. Now for my nominations:
  1. Kingmob6 of Dear Bastards…
    I know it’s bad form to re-nominate the person who nominated you, but I read Mobs blog all the time, and he got me onto Cool(Shite). Great reviews, great personality, great bloke. End of.
  2. Heavenztrash of In Nervous Convulsion
    Another wicked blogger and instigator of the 2010 New Years Resolution to empty the “to watch pile”. He also scored an interview with Jenny Spain from Deadgirl and it’s rilly-rilly good.
  3. Forestaken of The Ultimate Negative
    Fairly new (like me). She does very cool reviews about movies that aren’t often talked about. Check out her review of Mary Poppins. It’s reeeeaaally well written.
  4. Braincrayon of Cinematografo Dei Trash
    Attempting to watch and review Quentin Tarantino’s Top 20 Grindhouse movies. Can’t wait to read the reviews :)
  5. Mattsuzaka of Chuck Norris Ate my Baby
    Awesome movie review site. Matt has some very entertaining regular segments and has fun with his reviews. You really should already be reading this.
  6. FilmDrunk at FilmDrunk
    Hilarious blog. Covers movie news and reviews with tongue firmly set in cheek. If you don't take life too seriously, you should be subscribing to this.
  7. TheIglooKeeper of Igloo of the Uncanny
    One of the first movie review blogs I started reading. His post of the trailer for The Exorcist II: The Heretic inspired me to start my "to watch" list.
So that's my list. Hope you enjoy checking out my favourite blogs :)

    2 comments:

    1. You realize I'm TOTALLY not doing this again, right?

      Cheers for playing!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I realize that if I tried to make you do it again that you'd probably re-nominate me and I don't want to do it again either :P

      ReplyDelete