Monday, November 23, 2009

Kill Us With Your Deadly One-liners!

pussycat I first heard about Faster Pussycat! Kill! Kill! because Tarantino wanted to remake it with Brittney Spears as the blonde. I hope that never happens. She would suck so hard  it would alter the Earth's orbit, not to mention the damage it would do to a bah-rilliant film.

I can't even tell you how much that film rawks. Alls I can do is tell you about it and hope I can convince you. So here it goes.

The film centres around three wild go-go gals. They decide to toy with a couple by challenging the guy to a race. fasterpussycat1He gets angry, a fight ensues and it ends badly for the fella. They then drug the girl (nope, don’t know why) and take her with them. Whilst stopped at a gas station they find out about an old man with a large sum of money who lives with his two sons. The girls decide to try to con them, but wind up biting off more than they can chew.

What makes the film outstanding? The lines. Plain and simple. They are amazing.

Tommy: Look, I don't know what the hell your point is, but...
Varla: The point is of no return and you've reached it!

Using that line is on my bucket list.

faster_pussycat_kill_kill_04I suppose I should mention that the film was made in 1965, so it’s in black and white. The plus side to that though is that the girls are all human size and hourglass. Not a waif to be seen, but plenty of cleavage. No wonder QT likes it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment