Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Keeping it on the QT

My blog hasn’t been going for all that long so there’s some things that aren’t really well known about me yet. I think I’ve made it pretty clear that I’m a big horror fan and that I enjoy the low-budget, splat-pack movies. Well here’s another Rach’s Media fact. I worship at the church of Tarantino.

I’m not ashamed of this. In fact, since I finally realised that I’m always going to enjoy a movie by QT it’s enriched my life considerably. Stop smirking, I’m not taking the piss.

So I’ve decided to use this post to give thanks for all that he has provided.

  1. Reservoir Dogs
    I saw this at an age where I wasn’t supposed to be able to. I may have inhaled a substance that I shouldn’t have and found myself absolutely devastated with the scene where Orange is in the car screaming about being killed (and bleeding to death). I mean I was seriously disturbed.

  2. Natural Born Killers
    I consider this one of my favourite films (before anyone’s knickers get twisted, QT wrote this film). We tried to see it in the cinema but we were all too young (in Australia R ratings have an age restriction. They ask for ID. Bastards). I ended up getting my mum to hire it for me when it was released :)

  3. All his collaborations.
    I’m talking about Four Rooms, From Dusk til Dawn, Grindhouse, his scene in Sin City, etc. QT is obviously a people person. And a lot of his peoples are just as talented as he is.








  4. Eli RothEli_Roth_portrait__0048
    That kinda cute, kinda hot, kinda sexy, hilariously funny, but not funny looking writer/director. I know that Cabin Fever was already doing well, but it’s thanks to QT that we have Hostel and its sequel. More importantly, QT has put Eli in front of the camera. Twice. I am grateful.


  5. Omar Doom
    doom He’s just so giving that Quentin. He meets a hot guy, he puts him in a movie for us all to share (twice). With a spider web tattoo on his elbow. Mmmmmm.


  6. Music
    I absolutely love QT’s soundtracks, they are all gold. Inglourious Basterds has some amazing instrumental tracks. I just wish he would get into using his twitter account to blip some tunes in between releases.
  7. The end to Inglourious Basterds
    I’m not going to give the end away but if there’s anyone who wants to argue it out with me, DM me on twitter. Any time.

There’s more, but this post is getting a little long. I’m gonna end by just saying:

Thanks.

3 comments:

  1. Amen

    There is also really good movie called Four Rooms which is 4 different stories done by different people all centred around a hotel. Quentin did the last one in typical QT style. Really good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, mentioned Four Rooms in the "Collaborations" item. Love that film :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He has the same twisted sense of humor that I do. I don't always enjoy his offerings but overall I think his contributions to film are revolutionary. Such as his piece of Sin City. From Dusk Till Dawn - awesome. NBK - that movie was harsh - in a good way. And Pulp Fiction was the pinnacle for me - "Say What Again!"

    ReplyDelete